The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
Use this service if:
- you think you might have coronavirus
- in the last 14 days you've been to a country or area with a high risk of coronavirus – see coronavirus advice for travellers and a list of high risk countries on nhs.uk
- you've been in close contact with someone with coronavirus
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people. Call 111 if you need to speak to someone.
In Scotland call your GP or NHS 24 on 111 out of hours.
In Wales call 111 (if available in your area) or 0845 46 47.
In Northern Ireland call 111.
For region specific information and advice in:
Further information and details of how to self-isolate are available on nhs.uk.
We will be implementing the following changes with immediate effect:
- All access for face-to-face appointments will be triaged on the telephone by an appropriate member of the team
- To minimise unnecessary attendances at the Practice, we will be reviewing all existing booked appointments
- All requests for repeat prescriptions should be either ordered online Order Prescription Online or placed in the prescription box next to reception
- We will focus our efforts in chronic disease management on those most vulnerable to the effects of COVID-19 which means those with milder, stable conditions may have slightly longer intervals between reviews
Cliff House Medical Practice is a community GP Surgery that serves patients from Lincoln and surrounding villages.
The Practice is split over two buildings. The main Surgery on Burton Road, and the branch Surgery on Gresham Street. Both buildings offer high quality medical and nursing services. Both buildings are fully accessible by ramps, and the clinical areas are on the ground floor to ensure safe access for all.
Here at Cliff House, we have a long standing tradition of research, and, as a registered Research Centre, we often participate in projects that have both local and national benefits. If you are asked to participate in some of this research, you can be assured that it has been approved by the Primary Care Research Network and the National Institute of Health Research. If you would like further information, please click on the following link: http://www.cprd.com/memberofpublic/
As a green Practice, we are committed to reducing our impact on the environment. As well as having solar panels installed, we are trying to reduce the amount of paper we use by utilising an electronic prescription system and sending text message appointment reminders rather than paper ones. If you would like to opt in to these services, please come in and talk to one of the reception staff.
If you are interested in joining our Practice, either follow the link below, or come in and pick up a Registration Pack from either of our Surgeries during the practice opening hours
Join Dementia Research
If you are interested in joining this research, please register your interest in participating by clicking on the link below
Join Dementia Research
Are you interested in taking part in Lincoln 5k Parkrun, you don't have to run, you can jog or walk. If you are interested please click the following link: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/lincoln/
Have you attended the Practice recently? Please leave feedback by filling out the practice survey,
(Site updated 19/03/2020)